My client is a reputable, high quality manufacturer of MDF Skirting Boards, Architraves, Window Board and other Mouldings.
Based in Banbury they are looking to recruit a Production Operative to support the manufacturing of customer orders at various stages of the manufacturing processes. You need to be friendly, self-motivated, hardworking and reliable. Your role will be to carry out a range of activities, in accordance with the customers specification, with excellent attention to detail.
Job objectives and responsibilities:
A Production Operative role provides a varied work day that includes:
- Assisting with the cutting, moulding, sanding and spraying of material for customer orders
- Sorting and placing MDF boards or items on to tables and racks
- Packaging and labelling orders for delivery or pickup according to a schedule.
As a Production Operative you will be working both alone and as part of a team with efficiency and commitment to complete your work and strive to maintain the business performance targets and quality standards.
This role best suits a self-motivated individual who enjoy working systematically and productively. The nature of the role relies on organisation and efficiency and with product to handle and despatch. It is important to ensure that you have a moderate level of fitness to enable you to comfortably carry out your tasks.
Due to our location, it is ideal that you have access to a vehicle, to be able to get to work independently and without issue.
- They have 2 key bits of equipment that we use, a Panel Saw and a Spindle Moulder that make our products. Anyone with experience in using these 2 would be great, but they are not especially difficult for someone to learn with a basic level of education.
- They also have an automated Spray Machine which if someone had experience of that may be useful.
We are currently a team of 4 and looking to grow this rapidly as we have just started advertising in the last month which has grown our sales by 100%.
There is the opportunity to move into a team lead position, for the right individual, but you would need to come in at a Junior level and prove yourself.
Hard working, Self-motivated, Reliable, Friendly, Positive attitude, Be able to work without supervision, Be able to follow a schedule and work to deadlines, Good timekeeping and personal presentation skills, Team-leader potential.