£25,000 - £27,000 a year - Full-time, Permanent
As a Production Supervisor you will be a critical link between colleagues operating on the production line and the Quality Assurance and MD. This is the first step towards a managerial position whilst remaining an operational 'hands on' role.
You will have overall responsibility for an operational area within a food production department.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required for this role:
· Previous experience of supervising others within a FMCG manufacturing environment where you will have led a team of people
· The ability to role model, setting a great example to your team members ensuring that quality is at the heart of everything
· An understanding in the use of lean tools such as root cause analysis, 5S workplace organisation and the SMED change over process and you will have ideally used these or other lean practices in your previous roles
· Experience of supporting, training and coaching colleagues and the willingness to learn and develop your skills in this area
· The ability to build great working relationships and create a fantastic team spirit encouraging colleagues to be the best they can be
You will be responsible for:
· Leading by example to ensure standards are achieved in key areas such as health and safety, environment, hygiene and of course product quality assurance
· Having a great understanding of your production requirements and ensuring your line is operating efficiently in line with the production plan
· Operationally covering key roles on your line or in your area as required
· Working closely with your shift manager to make sure that you have the right people in place at the right time with the right level of skills to deliver production targets
· Coaching, training, developing and motivating your team to achieve
· Leading proactive problem-solving activities and escalating immediate risks and issues appropriately and in a timely manner to the shift manager
· Working well with colleagues on other shifts, making sure handovers are communicated clearly.