A globally recognised Automotive Financial Services Division, is seeking a Senior Credit / Finance Risk Analyst with a mandate of >£2.5M and underwriting experience to join their organisation within their Truck / HGV Finance division. Post Covid-19 there will be flexible working with up to 3 days per week home working.
Reporting to the Credit Manager, the role of Senior Credit Analyst will be working within a team to ensure that all new business credit proposals (including transfers, reschedules and the like) are assessed and underwritten in a timely manner, or if it falls outside of the mandate of up to £2.5M provide recommendation to a higher authority.
Experience in both manual calculations as well as experienced using Automated Decisioning System (FICO) is required. Some experience of working within the sub-prime asset financing sector would be desirable.
This exciting opportunity offers the opportunity to become a super user on FICO, setting parameters, using decision trees rather than credit scores, as my client implements FICO over the next year.
Previous experience in working in a similar role in an Automotive Finance Division is highly desirable, with a competent knowledge of asset finance products within a commercial sector and a broad understanding of legal documentation being essential.
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with strong report writing techniques is mandatory. Ideally you will have at least 5 years in credit assessment and underwriting.
· To ensure credit lines are reviewed for renewal or closure prior to expiry date.
· Control and monitor both new and existing credit lines up to a mandate of £2.5M
· Testing, implementation and ongoing modification plus monitoring of a new point of sale decisioning tool.
· Conduct and negotiate with external customers to assist the network and the finance personnel to maximise new business opportunities, including customers visits if required.
· Follow controls and monitoring procedures and policies are used effectively to enable compliance with company standards and lending policies. In addition, protect the interests of the company and minimise risk relating to money laundering, data protection and operators’ licences, legislation and ruling.
· Promote strong relationships with the sales team.
· Preparing reports as necessary to required timescales.
· Assist the Credit team in meeting any proposal turnaround targets.
· Ensure all stock audits are carried out in a timely fashion and effective.
1-year fixed term (renewable) contract, with many of the permanent employment benefits usually offered by my client:
- Excellent modern offices, parking and career progression is available to the right candidate. Home-working up to 3 days a week, after lockdown.
- The standard working hours for this role are 37.5, with a flexi-time policy with core hours being 10.30am - 3.30pm (although a standard 9-5 would be preferred from a departmental perspective)
- Discretionary (pro-rata for 2021) Bonus Scheme paid in December
- Car Scheme
- Life Assurance
- BUPA Health Insurance
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme is up to 6.5% company contribution (2.5% minimum employee contribution)
- Various other including PC loan/contribution scheme (after year 1), eye tests, glasses contribution etc.