Full-time, permanent position with a 2-week trial period (paid).
This is an excellent role for someone who has already worked within maintenance & operations. The company needs somebody technical, who has a good knowledge of line maintenance, or experience within mechanical/electrical support when the line breaks down including bearings - a people person confident enough to liaise with suppliers on repairs.
It is expected that the successful applicants will be physically fit enough to handle the demands of the role.
As a Technician / Production Operative you will be a critical link between colleagues operating on the production line and the Quality Assurance and MD. You will have overall responsibility for an operational area within a cosmetics production department.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required for this role:
· Previous experience within a manufacturing environment where you will have worked within a team of people
· The ability to be a role model, setting a great example to your team members ensuring that quality is at the heart of everything
· The ability to build great working relationships and create a fantastic team spirit encouraging colleagues to be the best they can be
You will be responsible for:
· Leading by example to ensure standards are achieved in key areas such as health and safety, environment, hygiene and of course product quality assurance
· Having a great understanding of your production requirements and ensuring your line is operating efficiently in line with the production plan
· Operationally covering key roles on your line or in your area as required
· Working closely with your shift manager to make sure that you have the right people in place at the right time with the right level of skills to deliver production targets
· Coaching, training, developing and motivating your team to achieve
· Leading proactive problem-solving activities and escalating immediate risks and issues appropriately and in a timely manner to the shift manager
· Working well with colleagues on other shifts, making sure handovers are communicated clearly.
- Hard working
- Self motivated
- able to work without supervision
- confident in your own ability
- mature attitude
- able to follow a schedule and work to deadlines
- personal presentation skills and know how to represent the company
Salary: up to £25,000